Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Adorable Little Women

I just finished reading the book Little Women for the FIRST TIME EVER.  I know, you are probably thinking, "How have you not read Little Women before?"  Well, I am really glad I finally read it, because it was such a delightful read.  It was such a wonderful book to read for this season of my life.  I slowly read through the book and fell in love with the March family.  I just loved to see how much the sisters loved each other and how they made the best out of any of life's circumstances.  It made me think back to many memories my sisters and I have had over the years.  The book made me even more thankful for my sisters and it made me realize just how dear they are to my heart and how much they are influential in my life.  They are such a gift to me!

Are you looking for a heartwarming book to read this summer?  If so, you should pick up a copy of Little Women!  Have you already read the book?  If so, do you have a favorite part or quote from the book?



A few of my favorite quotes from Little Women:

  • "They always looked back before turning the corner, for their mother was always at the window, to not and smile, and wave her hand to them.  Somehow it seemed as if they couldn't have gone through the day without that; for, whatever their mood might be, the last glimpse of that motherly face was sure to affect them like sunshine."
  • "...for the homeliest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them..."
  • "Now and then, in this workaday world, things do happen in the delightful storybook fashion, and what a comfort that is."
  • "Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well.  Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life become a beautiful success, in spite of poverty."
  • "Don't you feel that it is pleasanter to help one another, to have daily duties which make leisure sweet when it comes, and to bear and forbear, that home may be comfortable and lovely to us all?

Now, I must make myself some tea and watch the movie!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! And I'm pretty sure you've caught a glimpse of some of my favorite quotes :). So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a highlight of the book for me to see your favorite quotes! :)

      Delete