Thursday, September 12, 2013

Funny Things From Owen

This summer has brought the Holczers so much joy as we added another boy!  Henry Marc Holczer was born on June 25 at 6:03 pm.  Henry is growing so quickly and is such a great baby.  He is starting to plump up and get baby rolls.  I love baby rolls!!!  Owen loves having Henry as a brother and he is so gentle with him.  It just melts my heart to see Owen talk and sing to Henry.  Owen has been growing a lot this summer too.  He is speaking really well and learning new words daily.  He is also developing a great imagination and saying some of the most bizarre and funny things.  Tommy and I have been writing them down this summer and I thought it would be fun to share some here with you!  I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Owen watering his flower!

"My eye feels like frosting"

"Eeeek!  Like a mouse!"

Owen wanted to pick a flower he planted to bring to grandma.  In the car, on our way over to grandma and grandpas he talks about the flower...
Owen: I put honey in my flower!  Bees like honey!
Mom:  You are right, bees do like honey.
Owen:  I put toe jam in the flower too.  Bees like to eat toe jam!
Mom:  Oh, they do?

Playing play-doh with mom during Henry's nap!

Owen: "Please play with the van like you are a little boy."
(Daddy plays with the van)
Owen: "Please play with the van like you are a little boy."
Daddy: "How does a little boy play?"  
Owen: "With sounds"

"The bugs are in their home... They might kick you."

"The airplane is coming back to finish its babies."

Brothers holding hands!

"Look at that log. It looks like a dinosaur eating ducks!"

"The airplane is eating crackers!"

"There are bugs in my bed.  (Owen looks in his bed for the bugs.)  The bugs aren't here anymore. They are at the grocery store buying chocolate milk."

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich monster!

"Pew ewe!  Thomas the Train pooped his diaper."

"Daddy works in the back end loader."

"Crows and hummingbirds like to jump. (Jumps). Like that!"

"I like caterpillars.  Caterpillars are nice.  Caterpillars don't poop on boys."

Owen shopping with his own cart!

"Want to sit on crow's back?"

"Let's turn into rocks!"

"The airplane plays with toys like the back end loader and watches Mr. Rodgers."

(Mommy drops a towel on the ground)  "That's a problem!"

Owen giving kisses to Henry.

"Let's turn into frogs!"

"Ants live in rainbows."

"The race car is knocking at the door."

As I am taking picture of a dump truck for Owen he says, "He's supposed to smile!"

Eating blueberries by the handful.

Owen gets a rag and says, "I am wiping baby brothers milk bubbles."

"You are fast like a race car, mama!"

"I want to snuggle buggle with you mama."

Owen:  "What's that?"
Mom:  "That's your baby brother, Henry!"
Owen:  "Oh yeah, I forgot!"

Henry enjoying the stroller!

Owen runs out of room saying,  "I'll be back to check on you later."  He comes back..."I'll be back to check on you later, you stay here and sleep."

"Some people live in bugs."

Sweet Henry!

4 comments:

  1. Your boys will love looking back on these quotes some day! My kids already ask to hear what I've written. We often pull out the notebook on birthdays and just laugh and laugh! Owen's quotes remind me so much of Drew. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are just loving hearing all the fun things he says. Yesterday we had a fly in the house and it kept landing on his toy truck. He said to me, "Mom, look, the fly is playing with me. The fly is my friend. I like fly."

      Delete
    2. So cute! I especially loved the "I forgot" about baby brother :).

      Delete