Monday, February 9, 2015

January Reflections

Well, January flew by so fast and was filled with many wonderful things.  Surprisingly, we had some beautiful, warm and sunny days which made it all the more enjoyable.  I spent the month of January in the book of Psalm and read through it twice.  I enjoyed it so much that I decided to continue reading the book of Psalm in February and try to commit some of it to my memory!  I also started a Women's Bible study at church and we are studying the book of Joshua.  It is so good to be studying the Bible with other women after such a long time of not being able.

Also, this month as I reflected back to the events of last January with Henry I was able to look back with a thankful heart rather than with an anxious-filled heart.  I am thankful that Jesus continues to work in my heart.  I am praising Him for He is good!

This picture makes me want to kiss his cheeks!

For Christmas I received a book from my father-in-law called "Evidence Not Seen" by Darlene Deibler Rose which I spent the month of January reading.  Have you read it?  Wow, what an incredible book that has been lingering in my mind these past few weeks.  It was an amazing story of a missionary woman's unshakeable faith in Jesus during her imprisonment in the Jungles during WWII.  She found encouragement and refuge in the Lord and His Word.  It inspires me to commit to memory more of God's Word.  I could go on and on about this book (just ask my husband), but I think it would be best to read it on your own.  If you need to borrow a copy, I would be happy to let you read it!

Train ride at the mall with daddy!

Each morning while we eat breakfast we are enjoying the birds that are coming to our pinecone feeders.  We have seen a number of different kinds of birds this month and have been learning what they are called.  We have seen Robins, Hummingbirds, Red-winged black birds, Dark-eyed Junco, House Wren, Falcons and a few others (I have forgotten the names of already).

Pinecone bird feeders


Brothers book reading and bird watching
I was able to go for lots of beautiful walks outside during the month of January because of the beautiful weather.  My favorite walk was with Bethany on the WSU trails to celebrate her birthday!
Happy Birthday walk with my dear friend Bethany!
I expected the month of January to be filled with more indoor activities, but we unexpectedly had some beautiful sunny days at the end of the months that helped to get outside to the zoo, to throw rocks and dig in some worm-filled dirt.

A spontaneous trip to the zoo

Rock throwing weather!

Cousins playing together!
January sunshine!!!

January 2015 flew by and we are almost to the middle of February already.  Although we have been home sick the last week we are looking forward to what the rest of the month holds for us, such as a pool party with the middle school group, my sister Paula coming home, Valentines Day and a wedding shower for my sister!

1 comment:

  1. What a joyful January! I'll have to borrow that book . . . someday! ;)

    ReplyDelete