Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Joy Begins In Knowing Him

Happy New Year!  I am thankful for so many ways God worked in my life in 2014 and I am now excited to see what God has for me in 2015.

"In His presence is fullness of JOY!"  Psalm 16:11

As January was quickly approaching I began to notice that anxiety, worry and fear were slowing beginning to creep into my heart.  As I reflected on last January's long, cold days (and long sleepless nights) at home caring for my very sick boys and our youngest Henry ending up in the ICU with RSV for several days....I began to dread January's arrival.  I have recognized that I need to be intentional in reaching for the One who created joy and peace, especially this January.

This month I am flooding my mind and heart with the words of truth found in Psalms. Circumstances look a whole lot different when He overshadows them.  I want to bring each worry and fear right to Jesus.  I need to remember that God's answer is not to take me out of the potential hard days, but to speak His Word into it, and over it.  I was created to find joy in relating to Him throughout my day.  That joy begins in knowing who He is.  In the book of Psalms we can learn that God is my Shepherd, my help, creator of all things, my rest, my reason to sing, tenderhearted, forgiving, trustworthy, merciful, beautiful and the list goes on and on.  

I am intentionally looking for pockets in my day to allow His Word to sink into my heart so that I may know Him more fully!  Isn't it amazing that we can grow in intimacy with Him ANYWHERE? May the joy of the Lord be my strength this season!

"Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always!"
~Psalm 105:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment