Sunday, December 28, 2014

Giving Thanks After Christmas

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year!  I know this blog post is very late, but I just could not skip over writing a Thanksgiving update.  This year we enjoyed yummy food, shared God's goodness with each other, put on a puppet show, played with cousins, played on backhoes, went for tractor rides, played in the snow and ate more yummy food!

Thankful Turkey with wings!

As I look back on the year I realize how much I have to give thanks to God for.  This has been a year that I have seen God's hand in both the good and hard times and for that I am thankful.  We can give thanks to God because he is good, he is our King and he loves us!

Be joyful always...pray continually...give thanks in all circumstances... 1 Thess. 5:16-18

A LIST OF THANKS:

1.  I am thankful for those in my life that pray for our family regularly.
2.  I am thankful for answered prayers!
3.  I am thankful for what God has taught me this year through Henry's health struggles.
4.  I am thankful for Randall Children's Hospital that has cared for Henry when he was in the hospital for RSV in January and also these past few months as we have been working on his food aversion.
5.  I am thankful that Henry is eating, and thriving, and growing.  There are so many moments that I look back over the past few months and see clear answers to prayer and God working in Henry's health.  There is no other explanation I can give than it was GOD's hand at work.  I am thankful for all those who faithfully prayed for Henry's health this year.

Henry enjoying some food!

6.  I am thankful for the van we were able to purchase this year for our family.
7.  I am thankful for those who have encouraged us in ministry.
8.  I am thankful that God is teaching me to trust him with the bills we have accrued this year from Henry's medical and hospital visits.
9.  I am thankful for friends and family who have provided meals for us at different times this year.
10.  I am thankful for (almost) monthly date nights with Tommy.  I am thankful for the continued encouragement I receive from Tommy.  I am thankful for Tommy's artistic creativity that we get to see at home and at work.
11.  I am thankful for our family who has supported us in so many different ways this year.  I am thankful that my boys have so many cousins that live nearby.
12.  I am thankful and excited for my sister who has gotten engaged to Tyson this year.  (And I am thankful I got to meet him a few months ago.)
13.  I am thankful for the opportunities we have had to share Jesus' with our apartment neighbors.  I am thankful for all the neighbor families that came to our summer ice cream party.  I am thankful for the two kids that came to Vacation Bible School.  I am thankful for the opportunity to watch my neighbors kids and bring them a meal when their mom delivered her 4th child.  I am thankful for the neighbor kids who draw me pictures, bake us cookies, sing for me, and wave at me like I am a movie star driving into the apartment complex.  :)

Homemade cookies and sweet little notes from the neighbor kids!

14.  I am thankful for the books that I have read this year that have challenged me in my faith, motherhood and marriage.
15.  I am thankful for my boys and the love they share for each other.  I am thankful that they transitioned to sharing a room so smoothly.  I am thankful for Owen's shepherding care for Henry.  I am thankful for Henry's giggles and desire to be chased around the house.
16.  I am thankful for Fitnessblender.com who helps me stay fit for free!  I am thankful for the opportunity I had to run a 10k with my mom and dad.  I am thankful for the example my parents are in living a healthy life physically (and spiritually).
17.  I am thankful for my accountability partner who checks in with me regularly.
18.  I am thankful that this year God has been teaching me how to rest in Him, because my hope comes from Him.  He alone is my Rock!  He can be trusted at all times!
19.  I am thankful that after over a year and a half of tummy troubles the issue has been resolved.  I am thankful that I can see God's answers to prayer even in tummy troubles.
20.  I am thankful for how being a mom draws me closer to Jesus!

Brothers and Buddies!


No comments:

Post a Comment