Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Esmael Berhanu!

Esmael Berhanu

Today I am thankful for Esmael Berhanu.  Isn't he just adorable?  Today is his birthday.  Esmael is a little boy from Ethiopia who we sponsor through Compassion International.  I am thankful that Tommy and I are able to sponsor him monthly even though our budget is tight.  Just two days ago we received a letter from him where we learned that he enjoys playing soccer.  It is so fun to learn more about who he is and what he likes.  I pray for him often that he will know and love Jesus with all his heart.

Tommy and I have been sponsoring Esmael only a few months now.  Previous to that, we had been able to sponsor a little boy from India for 10 years through Compassion International.  He is now no longer in the program.  We both wanted to continue sponsoring a child through Compassion International so we went on the website and desired to find a child who had been waiting for a sponsor for over 6 months.  When we saw Esmael's picture both of our heart melted.  (To be honest there were a lot of other little faces my heart fell in love with.)  I look forward to someday being able to sponsor more children.  If you are looking to sponsor a child, Compassion International is a great ministry to do it through.

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful ministry. There are a few bloggers in Ecuador right now who are sharing about their experiences in meeting the children they sponsor. Some pretty moving stories!

    http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/11/when-you-are-in-desperate-need-of-hope/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read today's post about her trip. So good! what a great opportunity to go on a trip like that. I would love to do that!

    ReplyDelete