Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No Sugar Cane for 1 Month!

The month of March I decided that I would not eat anything with sugar cane. It is more difficult than I thought, however I only have one more week left. So looking back it really was not that bad and there are a lot of plus sides to giving it up...hmm...maybe I will continue another month! :) The most difficult thing for me to give up was a good homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookie and I was inspired by Krista Wigginton's blog (you should check it out at http://www.thenourishingapron.blogspot.com/) and then came up with my own homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. I thought I would share the recipe for those who may also not be eating sugar cane or for anyone who may be interested in trying it. They are truly yummy and delicious, even Tommy loved them! :)



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 c. salted butter
1/4 c. evaporated Palm Sugar (or if you do not have this you can use additional maple syrup or honey)
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
1 egg
1-2 Tbs. honey
1/2 Tbs. vanilla
2 c. flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat & 1 cup white flour)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 -1 c. grain sweetened chocolate chips

Combine wet ingredients until well mixed. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the wet, then mix. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool before removing them from the pan to a wire rack. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment