Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Action Plan, New Things to Try & My Book List!



I have never been the type to write out yearly goals or resolutions, but this year I decided to spend some time thinking and writing out a 2010 Action Plan and Thing to Try for the First Time. I wrote out an action plan for me spiritually, physically and relationally then wrote out things I want to try this year for the first time and a book list for the year (which you will see below). I enjoyed spending time thinking through the different areas of my life then making an action plan on how to keep each area healthy and grow. It is helpful for me to have something written down so that I can refer back to it and remind myself of my goals. I am excited to see what God will do this year.

Spiritually:
  • Finish reading through the Bible by the end of the year. (Read Bible & Journal Daily)
  • Memorize Colossians 3
  • Review Hebrews 12

Physically:
  • Exercise 4-6 times each week (I am following a weekly plan to get me ready to fun a half marathon)
  • Eat Healthy Daily
  • Plan healthy menu before going grocery shopping
  • Goal weight: 137 pounds

Relationally:
  • Maintain weekly dates with Tommy!
  • Encourage, pray for, call and connect with girl friends weekly
  • Write a letter of encouragement to a friend or family member once month
Things to try for the first time this year:

1. Last fall (2008) I fractured my right foot and it has taken about one year for it to fully recover. It is now feeling much better and I am going to start running again to see how it does. This year I would like to accomplish a half marathon run. Anyone interested in joining me in this challenge?
2. Now that I have a small patch of dirt I want to plant my first garden this year. I think I will try to plant beans, zucchini, tomatoes and corn.
3. I want to make my own vanilla extract
4. I want to make from scratch hummus
5. I want to make from scratch homemade pizza

Book List:

1. Treasuring God in our Traditions by Noel Piper

2. Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper

3. When I don’t desire God How to Fight for Joy by John Piper

4. This Momentary Marriage by John Piper

5. History’s Most Spectacular Sin by John Piper

6. Spiritual Mothering: The Titus 2 Model for Women Mentoring Women by Susan Hunt

7. The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges

8. The Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis

9. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldiers by Ishmael Beah

10. Practicing Hospitality: The Joy of Serving Other by Patricia Ennis

11. From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out by Nancy Twigg

12. Womanly Dominion: More than a Gentle and Quiet Spirit by Mark Chanski



No comments:

Post a Comment