Saturday, February 4, 2012

On the Hunt


I can hardly believe we almost have a one year old!  Oh, how the time has passed by so quickly.


It has also been almost a year since we moved into our current rental home.  Four days before Owen was born last year we moved into a beautiful home (I would not recommend moving and having a baby in the same week by the way! ;) ).  It has been a wonderful home that I continue to love more and more each passing month.  Sadly, we are on the hunt for a new place because we only have three more months before the owners move back to the area.  However, we have so many things to be thankful to God for in providing this place for us at the perfect time last year.  I am thankful for the great location, friendly neighbors, beautiful yard, big windows, a guest room, nice kitchen and a welcoming living room.  We are so thankful for the opportunities we have had of hosting family, friends, Bible studies, game nights, youth group gatherings and small group sleep overs in this home.  We are also thankful for the memories we have created in this home for Owen's first year.  This is the home where he first smiled, first rolled over, first giggle, first sat up, first crawled, first ate solid food, first black eye and soon will take his first step.


This home has become like a friend to me over the year.  I am comfortable with it and enjoy the many fun features of this home and even it's quirks.  I know each squeak in the floor, the click of the thermostate, the hum of the refrigerator and the popping pipes with the temperature changes.  Change can be hard and sometimes uncomfortable because of the unknowns ahead.  Because God has been faithful in the past I know that I can trust God to provide another great place for us to live.  As we seek him through this transition I am looking forward to seeing where God will direct us and I am excited to see how God will use our new home for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment